MOOLOOLAH SUSTAINABLE LIVING GROUP
This group is currently seeking new members.
This action group has run events and local initiatives focused on environmental sustainability through community actions. The group aims to reduce our collective impact on the earth and work together towards a sustainable future for Mooloolah.
The group was formed in 2011 and was launched with a movie and displays night at the Mooloolah Community Hall.
Events and projects for the previous year include:
- Water saving night with Unity Water (14th February)
- Clean Up Australia Day (4th March)
- World Environment Day at University of the Sunshine Coast
Event and projects from 2011:
- Launch event: movie screening “The power of community: how Cuba survived peak oil” plus Q&A with Cr Jenny McKay, solar and home-made and home-grown produce.
- Cooking from scratch workshop – citrus
- Energy efficieny and solar workshop
- Family Power Saving Challenge
- Display at Mooloolah Family Fun Day
- Attended World Environment Day at University of the Sunshine Coast